I have noted with regret series of campaigns of calumny peddled against me by a section of media about my political career especially since the dissolution of the State Executive Council and its subsequent reconstitution.
Ordinarily, I would have overlooked them as I have done on several occasions since it has became a tradition in Akwa Ibom State to bring down great leaders who have sacrificed their lives to ensure the growth of the people and the State; but for the sake of the unsuspecting Public, I wish to state as follows:
1. That, I have stressed at several fora and media platforms across the State and beyond that inconsistency is not a virtue. I wish to state again for the umpteenth time that I, Prince Godwin Ntuk Udeh will be the last to engage in a lifestyle that will demean my status in the society and impede on my Christian faith having put in so much over the years to build my capacity and integrity in the service of humanity.
2. That, I have not conceived or contemplated for once, ever leaving the Peoples Democratic Party now or in the near future for any reason whatever having invested so much; both human and material resources to entrench the party in the State and make it a force to reckon with, in the entire South South Region and beyond.
3. That, I take exception to several set-up remarks credited to me when I have never discussed with anybody either on phone or have face to face discussion with anybody nor mandated anyone to speak on my behalf that I am planning to defect to APC when APC itself is on the verge of disintegration and has indeed started from the top as we speak.
4. That I use this medium to disabuse the minds of my people whom I have effectively represented and walked with over the years and the larger society that, the Ntuk Udeh they knew since his days as the International President of Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio, and 1 for 8 initiative where I served as the founder/founding Prime Minister and properly schooled in the theory of “Service Before Self”, remains the same committed patriot and principled Ntuk Udeh and will remain so as long as Jesus tarries.
5. That as long as Ntuk Udeh is not seeking anybody’s downfall, those who are plotting his fall are doing so at their peril. As long as I remain an Apostle in the vineyard of God, He will raise a finger against the enemies of my soul except my God is not Jesus the Christ.
6. I therefore re-iterate my loyalty and strong support as always, to the man of good conscience and the chosen whom God is well pleased, the Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom State, His Excellency, Mr. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel for his people oriented leadership and industrialization policies in the State and will continually support his policies and program both in prayers and activities till he finishes his second term in 2023.
7. I therefore call on the entire Akwa Ibom people especially those from my immediate constituency in Uyo Federal Constituency to discountenance any media propaganda against my person as these are the handiwork of agents of destruction and destabilization. I use this opportunity to appeal to my people to continue their massive mobilization and support to the administration of His Excellency, Mr. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel to ensure the successful execution of his state wide developmental programme till completion of his second term in office in 2023
8. I will like to use this opportunity to once again advise the media community that, rather than constantly engaging in destructive criticisms and employing the fifth calumny syndrome which is unethical, they should imbibe the practice of community development journalism to create enabling environment for useful contributions to the development of the State and its people.
I thank you all!
For: Prince Godwin Ntuk Udeh (Ph.D)